Friday, February 27, 2015

Beginning a new blog

One of the things I love to do is to make crafts, especially crafts for my American Girl dolls. So I decided after years of not blogging, to start a new blog. This blog will mostly be my arts and crafts. Recipes I come across and maybe some history tidbits. Oh and of course lots of things about  Alaska, as I live in Alaska. My goal is to at least keep the blog for a year and see where I go with it from there. I cannot guarantee how often I will be blogging. But, hopefully a few times a week. As I do kinda miss having a blog. 

So for the very first craft project, here is one I made a few weeks ago. American Girl came out with a New Outfit for Kit Kittredge! It is a spring outfit, that comes with a chicken! I absolutely adore this outfit and thought, hey maybe I can recreate it!

 So I searched the internet for a cute little felt chicken pattern and made a tiny yellow chicken. The Chicken's name is Aunt Millie. Hehe. (If you read the Kit Books you know who Aunt Millie is.) The overalls are from a pattern I have had for years. I made them from an old pair of jeans and the tshirt I made from a pattern using Liberty Jane's tshirt pattern. It was one of the first tshirts I ever made. All in all the outfit looks so cute! The shoes are from Our Generation. I am really pleased with how it turned out! I may also make more chickens. Aunt Millie needs some friends. 






3 comments:

  1. That chicken is adorable and Kit looks cute in her overalls! So glad you are sharing your creations for dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I bought some little chickens(Easter Decorations) I hope to put together a scene for Kit( although I will have to use another doll as I don't have Kit) I will definitely try to make your chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I am glad Linda! The chicken is so so so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete