Friday, March 6, 2015

Spoiling Julie

I have been meaning to post something on Julie all week. But, as it is, I have not had a chance too until now. Life just sometimes gets in the way. 



 Last week, I think it was last week, or the week before. I finally got Julie! I was able to get her off the Jills Steals Deals! Which I was so excited about because with living in Alaska, I hardly ever get the deals in time. (Alaska is four hours behind the East Coast) I am so glad I was able to get Classic Julie too! She is such a sweet doll. And I love her original 70s outfit. ( I do like the new Beforever outfit as well and do plan on getting it.) 

Today, I decided to spoil Julie. I have been collecting things for her, for a few weeks now. And making things for Julie, long before I even got the doll. 

So here are a few things that I have made and collected for Julie. 


The first is Julie's Patchwork outfit. It came with Classic Julie in the Jills Steals Deals. The jeans are from Springfield. I just love this outfit and I had a cute little sun dress similar to this when I was a little girl in the 80s. Yup. I just dated myself. The only thing I do not like about it, is the choker. Yes it is cute. But it is so hard to get on the doll. It took me several tries. 



The second is my attempt at making a skateboard. Though, I think I made the stupid thing waaaaay too big. I decided to post a picture of it anyway. As it did take me forever to make. I used a tutorial from My Froggy Stuff Snowboard video as a basis for the skate board. This is possibly why it came out too big. I may have to break down and buy a skateboard for Julie. 



Last year, American Girl came out with the Disco Ball set for Julie's spring special addition. And I thought hey I could probably, easily make a Disco Bal. And sure enough, after doing some researching around the internet, I was able to make one! This turned out much better than the skateboard I think. 

I used another tutorial from My Froggy Stuff Disco Ball for the ball. Too bad it didnt really work. Hehe. 



For some time, I have been working towards eventually making a scene from Moonrise Kingdom. (My favorite movie of all time) I just love Suzie and Sam. Anyway, A while back Living a Dolls Life had a tutorial on how to make a Record Player.  Now if you have seen Moonrise Kingdom than you know that Suzie (one of the main characters) Carries around a blue record player with her. which I just loved! So I thought I would try and recreate it. For whenever I get around to making a doll scene from the movie. 

What is even better, is that it sorda fits Julie as well. And I finally managed to buy the Our Generation Dolls Retro Record Player set. That comes with some records the other day. So, I thought these would be perfect for my record player and Julie. 



Finally, I also found a cute little basketball set and some roller skates when I was at the craft stores the other day. The roller skates are from Springfield. They are actually roller blades. But I think they will fit Julie. Dunno what the basketball set is. Its from Micheals.

Julie looks so content with all her wonderful treasures, doesnt she? I cant wait to see what doll I am going to be able to spoil next! 




One more thing, I love to do when I get a new historical (Beforever) doll is to research the time period for the dolls, music and crafts and recipes. Here is a song, I came across from Julie's time period that I just love. It is off the Now and Then Soundtrack



No comments:

Post a Comment